words that say Thurston County

Welcome to the Thurston County Planning Commission

News and Links

The Thurston County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, Feb. 17th, at 7:00 p.m. to accept public testimony on proposed permanent zoning regulations for state-licensed marijuana producers, processors and retailers.
More Information

See the most recent agenda and meeting packet

planning commission logoThe Thurston County Planning Commission consists of nine citizen members.  They must be residents of Thurston County with two members representing and residing within each of the three districts in Thurston County.  The Board of Commissioners is responsible for appointing the Planning Commission for six-year terms.

The Thurston County Planning Commission acts in an advisory capacity to the Board of County Commissioners.  It conducts work that is requested and authorized by the Board of County Commissioners.  This involves drafting or revising land use or land development plan regulations such as comprehensive and subarea plans, and zoning and subdivision ordinances.  In this work, the Planning Commission holds public hearings and is assisted by staff of the Planning Department.


The Planning Commission holds regular meetings on the first and third Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. The regular meetings are held in Building 1, Room 152, 2000 Lakeridge Drive S.W. in Olympia. All meetings of the Planning Commission are open to the public.  Meeting dates and locations are subject to change and special meetings may be scheduled. Click here for meeting agendas and packets.

If you need special accommodations to participate in the upcoming meeting, please call us at (360) 786-5498 and ask for the ADA Coordinator, at least three days prior to the meeting.  Citizens with hearing impairments may call the County's TDD line at (360) 754-2933.

Contact Us

Jeremy Davis (For questions about the Planning Commission or about the County's long range plans only)
(360) 754-3355 ext. 7010 or davisj@co.thurston.wa.us


Permit Assistance Center (For questions about your permit application, land use, planning or zoning)
(360) 786-5490 ext. 7288 or go to the permitting and land use staff directory


This page last updated: