Auditor Home Elections Financial Services Licensing Recording Search Our Site Contact Us Locate Us Return to Thurston County
Thurston County Elections  
Military and Overseas Voters

Thurston County is dedicated to ensuring prompt ballot access is available to our overseas citizens and service members.

These citizens are provided extra securities and measures under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) and the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act (MOVE).

Any Thurston County resident who is covered under these acts, has many options to participate, cast a ballot, and help ensure his or her vote counts.

Already Registered?

For those voters who have confirmed military / overseas status, we deliver ballots 30 (for special elections) - 45 (for primary and general elections) days prior to the election date.

Need to Register?

For those UOCAVA voters who have not yet registered, the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is the preferred form for registering to vote. You may complete and print this form directly from the Federal Voting Assistance Program website and mail the form directly to the Thurston County Auditor's Office, 2000 Lakeridge Dr. SW, Olympia, WA 98502, email to, or fax to (360) 786-5223. You may also register directly from Washington state by clicking here.

Registered but Need Extra Time? Get Ballots sent Electronically, Send Ballots back Electronically, or Download one!

E-Ballot Program: For those UOCAVA voters who are always on the move or in an area of extremely slow postal service, we can send your ballot materials electronically, saving ballot delivery time. Click here to complete the Email Ballot Request Form.

Download a Ballot: During an election you can download your ballot by clicking here.

Print and Return your Ballot: When receiving your ballot package electronically, you must be able to print it in order to vote it. All voters must return a signed declaration and a voted ballot. UOCAVA voters may send their ballots back by mail, email, or fax. If returning the ballot materials electronically, send the signed declaration, privacy sheet, and voted ballot to or fax to (360) 705-3518. There is no need to mail the paper ballot when returning your materials electronically.

Military or Overseas Citizen with Questions?

If you or your family members are covered by the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act and have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office at or by phone (360) 786-5408, or by fax (360) 786-5223.

Related Links: