Auditor Home Elections Financial Services Licensing Recording Search Our Site Contact Us Locate Us Return to Thurston County
Thurston County Recording


Business Licenses

Any person(s) doing business in the State of Washington are required to obtain a Master Business License from the State of Washington Dept. of Licensing

In addition to your State Master Business License you may need to obtain a County Business License if your business is located in the unincorporated areas of Thurston County.

The following is a limited list of business that require a license from the Thurston County Auditor's Office:


  • Ambulance
  • Amusement
  • Circus and Carnival
  • Erotic Dance Hall
  • Erotic Dancer
  • Flea Market
  • Hawkers and Auctioneers
  • Itinerant
  • Massage Parlors
  • Music Festival
  • Peddlers
  • Process Server Registration
  • Secondhand, Junk and Antique Dealers
Please contact the Thurston County Auditor's office for proper forms, rules and regulations, costs, and assistance with obtaining your license.

In addition you may be required to obtain a City Business license if you also do business within the city limits of one of the cities in Thurston County. Please contact each city that may be involved.