MAIL ALL CORRESPONDENCE (for all Case Types) to:
Thurston County Clerk's Office
2000 Lakeridge Dr SW
Olympia, WA 98502
COURT STAFF CAN PROVIDE
* The status of a specific case, unless the case (or information in the case) is "confidential" and not available for public inspection because of state law or a judge's decision.
* The court file on a specific case for you to review (unless the case is "confidential").
* General information on court rules, procedures and practices.
* Court-approved forms (forms are not available for all legal proceedings.)
* Guidance on how to compute deadlines and due dates.
* Court schedules and information on how to get matters scheduled.
COURT STAFF CANNOT PROVIDE
* Advice about whether you should file a case or whether you should take any particular action in a case
* Information or tell you what words to put in a form.
* Advise you as to what to say in court.
* Speculation about what decision the judge might make or what sentence the judge might impose
Legal advice: Court staff can provide information only, not legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney. If you do not have an attorney, you may wish to call the Lawyer Referral Program of the Thurston County Bar at (360) 923-4844 for the name of an attorney practicing in this area. You may also visit the lawyer's olympia Area Directory If you are low income or age 60 and over, You may qualify for free NON-CRIMINAL legal assistance. For further information, visit the Northwest Justice Center web site.
PLEASE NOTE: Court staff do not know the answers to all questions about court rules, procedures and practices. They have been instructed not to answer questions if they do not know the correct answer. The court, including the judge and all court staff, must remain impartial and do not take sides in any matter before the court.
Please use the following phone list when contacting the Clerk's Office. We have provided other contact information for non-clerk related (i.e. JURY DUTY, Traffic Tickets)
If you are attempting to contact someone in either of our
offices and you receive voice mail you will have the option of either pressing "0" to get our receptionist or the option to dial a
manager of the team for assistance. If no one is available in that team (and sometimes this happens) leave a voice mail message containing the following:
- your name
- telephone number
- case number
and someone will return your call as soon as possible.