The Nurse-Family Partnership is a free program for women
who are having their first child. This program helps
families during pregnancy and for the first two (2) years of
the child's life. Women in the program receive home
visits by a nurse with specialized training. The
Nurse-Family Partnership can help you to have a healthy
pregnancy, and to care for your baby so that your baby is
healthy, happy and safe.
Who can enroll in the program?
- Early in pregnancy, no later than 28 weeks gestation
at time of enrollment with first child, single
- Meet income requirements.
Women can join as early in pregnancy as desired, but must
join no later than the 28th week of pregnancy.
A Public Health nurse will
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Build a strong network of support for you and your
- Make your home a safe place for your baby to live
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job
training and other support services available in
- Find ways to continue your education and develop job
- Set goals to your family's future and find ways to
help you reach them
How much does the program cost?
This program is at no cost to all eligible women.
For information about Thurston County's Nurse-Family
Partnership Program, call (360) 867-2548.
You can also learn more at the nation
Nurse-Family Partnership website at:
Related Documents & Links