Truss Design Drawings and Specifications
your building project will use
truss-framed roof or floor systems, you
are required to submit engineered, stamped truss design drawings and specifications along
with your building permit application.
Truss design drawings and specifications must include, at a minimum:
- Slope or depth, span and spacing.
- Location of all joints.
- Required bearing widths.
- Design loads as applicable.
- Top chord live load (including snow loads)
- Top chord dead load.
- Bottom chord live load.
- Bottom chord dead load.
- Concentrated loads and their points of application.
- Controlling wind and earthquake loads.
- Adjustments to lumber and joint connector design values for conditions
- Each reaction force and direction.
- Joint connector type and description (e.g., size, thickness or gauge)
and the dimensioned location of each joint connector except where
symmetrically located relative to the joint interface.
- Lumber size, species and grade for each member.
- Connection requirements for:
- Truss to truss girder.
- Truss ply to ply.
- Field splices.
- Calculated deflection ratio and/or maximum description for live and
- Maximum axial compression forces in the truss members to enable the
building designer to design the size, connections and anchorage of the
permanent continuous lateral bracing. Forces shall be shown on the truss
design drawing or on supplemental documents.
- Required permanent truss member bracing location.
Questions can be emailed to staff at the email addresses below. Just
click on the e-mail address and send your questions. We would be glad to
help answer any question you have about your construction plans.
Commercial plan review & fire
code construction inspections: Appointments
must be scheduled in advance for Commercial Plan Review. You may
schedule by contacting the Commercial Plan Reviewer by email or phone
(360) 786-5466. Chris Edmark:
Residential plan review: Available
Monday through Friday, 8am – 12:30 p.m. at the Permit Assistance Center. Tim
email@example.com Rowland Zoller:
Building inspections and requests for permit
extensions: Jay Barney, Senior Bldg Inspector:
To request an extension of a building permit, submit a request prior to
the expiration of the building permit.
Click here for the building permit extension request form
Fire marshal and fire annual safety inspection: