Heritage Grant Program
The Thurston County Heritage Grant Program provides resources to
assist in the collection, preservation, and interpretation of Thurston
County’s heritage. On behalf of the Board of County Commissioners,
the Thurston County Historic Commission administers the Thurston County
Heritage Grant Program to assist projects that promote the
public’s access to County history.
The program is funded with a portion of document recording fees
collected by the Thurston County Auditor. The allocation of these
fees for projects that “promote historical preservation or historical
programs, which may include preservation of historic documents” is
authorized under RCW 36.22.170. The revenues accrue to a dedicated
fund and may not be used for any purposes other than those stipulated in
2015 Thurston County Heritage Grant Program
2015 Heritage Grant Applications will be accepted
July 15, 2014 through August 30, 2014.
How to apply:
- Grant Program Guidelines: Review the Guidelines for information
on eligibility, application process, review process and additional
- Application Form: The form may be filled out online or printed
and filled out by hand. Download the latest
Adobe Reader to allow you to save information you have typed
into the form.
- Submit the following:
- ONE signed original and 5 copies. If support materials
are needed (as described on page one of the application form),
submit one original and 5 copies.
- The application deadline for 2014 is August 30, 2014
at 12:30 p.m. Applications must be postmarked or
hand delivered to the Permit Assistance Center by this date.
The Permit Assistance Center is open Monday through Friday 8
a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
- Mail / deliver application packets to:
Thurston County Heritage Grant Program
Building One, Second Floor, Permit Assistance Center
2000 Lakeridge Drive SW
Olympia, WA 98502-1045
- Staff Contacts:
Awards Granted for 2014
The Thurston County Historic Commission received and ranked nine
applications for 2014 historic preservation grants. All nine organizations
were awarded various amounts of grant funding for 2014 as listed below
- Olympia Tumwater Foundation - Pilot project for school field
trips to Tumwater Historic District. $5,000
- Bigelow House Preservation Association - Gothic bedroom
- Delphi Community Club - Schoolhouse re-roof. $5000
- Lacey Museum - Purchase of Past Perfect Museum software and
multimedia upgrade. $1,004
- Rainier Historical Society - Renovation of two rooms and entry
of the historic Rainier School. $5,000
- Sand Man Foundation - Renovate electric charging system,
manufacture and install ground tack system and roof repair.
- City of Olympia - Heritage Commission alley naming/improvement
- City of Tenino - Kiosk signage and historical mural.
- Old Brewhouse Foundation - Old Brewhouse History Mobile.
Cami Petersen, Land Use Clerk, Thurston County Resource Stewardship
Department, 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW Olympia, WA 98502.
Phone: (360) 754-3355 ext. 6348. Fax: (360) 754-2939. TDD: (360)