words that say Thurston County

Thurston County Comprehensive Plan

Making Changes to the Comprehensive Plan

photo of woman reviewing planComprehensive Plan Amendments and Rezoning - Applications

Proposals to change the Comprehensive Plan can come from a variety of sources. Property owners may suggest a site-specific change, such as a rezone, by filing a comprehensive plan amendment application.

Proposals for legislative changes, or changes affecting a large area of the county or plan policies, or changes to an Urban Growth Boundary can be suggested by filling out a plan amendment form available from County staff. Only a city council or the Board of County Commissioners may place a legislative change on the Docket. The Board of County Commissioners chooses proposals to create the Official Docket once per year for further action. For complete information regarding how to propose changes to the Comprehensive Plan, please contact the Permit Assistance Center.

The next deadline for applications is November 16, 2015 for consideration in 2016.

image of red arrow Amendment Information Guide

image of red arrow Fee Guideline for Comp Plan Changes (for the environmental checklist fees referenced in this document, click here).

image of red arrow Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application and Rezone Application (scroll down to SA 036).

Contact Us

Interested Parties: If you would like to be added to our Web Mail list, please click here. Staff contact: Jeremy Davis, Senior Planner. Phone: (360) 754-3355, x7010 E-mail: davisj@co.thurston.wa.us.


This page last updated: