Public Records Disclosure
Many Thurston County Agency records are available on the Thurston County Web site at no cost.
Requesters are encouraged to view the documents available here and on Thurston County Agencies' Web sites prior to submitting a Records Request.
Public Records Requests should include:
- Name and address of Requester.
- The date of the request.
- Other contact information, including telephone number and any email address.
- A detailed description of the Public Record being requested.
- Whether the requester wants copies, or wants to inspect the requested Public Records.
Standard Fees: (Other fees may apply, please check with the specific County Agency)
- Fifteen cents (15¢) per page for standard, (8½ x 11), black and white copies.
- Thirty cents (30¢) for double sided copies.
- Ten cents (10¢) per page for scanned documents.
- Actual postage and shipping costs, including the cost of required containers.
- Actual staff time for custom electronic records.
- Other Statutory Charges. The fee for searching records, research, and/or providing a copy of a public record may be set by statute. Where the state or federal law sets a fee, that fee will be charged. Court papers (RCW 3.62.060), duplication of electronic tapes of a court proceeding (RCW 3.62.060); traffic accident reports (RCW 46.52.085); and criminal history information (RCW 10.97.100) are examples.
Public Records Act - Exemptions from Disclosure
The Public Records Act provides that a number of types of documents and/or parts of documents are exempt from public inspection and copying. Following is more information about Exemptions from Disclosure:
E-mailed Public Records Requests will only be accepted at the official Thurston County Public Records Request e-mail address noted below.
As of October of 2010, the County's e-mail system limits e-mail attachments to 20 megabytes. The County's e-mail system capacity may change without notice. The County does not warrant or in any way guarantee the accuracy or completeness of electronic records.