Resources for retailers
Solid Waste staff want to make sure the transition away from plastic bags is as smooth as possible for your business and your customers.
Printable resources for your store
Download these resources to help your customers understand and prepare for the bag ordinance.
Q & A
Got a question about the ordinance? Read our comprehensive Q & A page.
Solid Waste staff have:
- Asked local Chambers of Commerce to include information in member newsletters and emails and allow us to provide a presentation.
- Asked retail and grocer associations to include information in member newsletters and emails.
- Included a billing insert (PDF) in all March
2014 LeMay commercial trash bills.
- Mailed a letter and insert (PDF) to 3,800 businesses on March 7, 2014.
- Sent several press releases to media between March 7 and June 20, 2014.
- Visited as many businesses as possible before July 1, 2014.
- Provided interviews to several radio and print media outlets.
- Sent emails to the several thousand contacts on our Constant Contact and 2good2toss lists.
Call Greg Gachowsky at 360-867-2281 or