Yard Waste Options in Thurston County


LeMay discontinues plastic film collection
LeMay no longer collects plastic film from the WARC recycle center or from businesses. Read this press release to learn more.

Yard waste at the Waste and Recovery Center

fall leavesPut your yard waste to good use at the Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center (WARC). All materials brought to the center are trucked off-site and turned into compost or fuel.

See WARC rates, hours, and location.

Items accepted as yard waste

  • Garden trimmings and prunings
  • Grass clippings (as fresh as possible)
  • Leaves, needles, and cones (no dirt or rocks mixed in)
  • Tree branches and cedar boughs
  • Tree stumps and roots (no dirt or rocks mixed in)
  • Untreated lumber (no paints or stains; nails are OK)
  • Plywood and particle board (no laminate/artificial wood surface glued to board)

Items NOT accepted as yard waste 

This page last updated: