How to prepare recyclables for apartments, condos,
you live in an apartment, condominium or mobile home park, curbside
recycling is just a few steps away.
- Be sure items are recyclable before placing them in the bins.
- Recyclables must be free of food waste and other contaminants.
- Place glass in the separate container -- do not mix with other
- If the bins are full, do NOT leave materials on the ground.
- If the bins are continually full or you have questions, contact
your property manager.
Learn more about multifamily
place in bin
Only the items listed below go in your recycle bin.
Remember: When in doubt, throw it out.
- Aluminum & tin cans
- Pots & pans
- Paper bags
- Paperback books
- Magazines, catalogs & mail (windows, staples & sticky notes ok)
- Cereal & food boxes
- Phone books
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Plastic bottles, jugs & jars (neck must be narrower than the
base, no lids or caps)
- Dairy tubs & yogurt cups
- Rigid plant pots (empty, no dirt)
- Plastic buckets (must be clean, no lids or handles)
- Glass - put in the separate, designated
Call the Solid Waste Hotline at (360) 867-2491 or e-mail