Solid Waste Advisory Committee

Info for You 2 good 2 toss image
where do i image
talkin trash icon

What is the SWAC?

The Solid Waste Advisory Committee is made up of elected officials, citizens and industry representatives, appointed by the County Commissioners. Their role is to review all issues affecting Thurston County’s solid waste programs, and to make recommendations to the Thurston County Board of Commissioners. This committee leads the development of a five-year “Solid Waste Comprehensive Management Plan” to help guide how Thurston County and cities manage garbage now, and into the future.

Committee membership

The 14-member Solid Waste Advisory Committee is made up of elected officials, citizens, and industry representatives . Members are appointed by county commissioners and serve three-year terms. The current member list can be downloaded from this link.

Links of Interest

Charter & By-laws est 1990

Meeting Minutes - by Year



Meeting dates and locations

The Solid Waste Advisory Committee meets the second Thursday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Chehalis room (Building B) of the county Public Works campus at 9605 Tilley Road S, in Olympia. These meetings are open to the public, and meeting materials are provided to citizens, reporters, businesspeople and others upon request. Meetings are sometimes cancelled or rescheduled, so please call 867-2279 to verify the meeting before attending.

2009 Solid Waste Management Plan

The current plan can be downladed or viewed at this link.

An updated Thurston County Solid Waste Management Plan is currently being compiled. A working draft will be available for public comment and review sometime in the spring of 2017.

Contact us

Letters to the Solid Waste Advisory Committee can be sent to Thurston County Public Works, 9605 Tilley Road S., Olympia, WA 98512.

For more information, please call  (360) 867-2279 or route an e-mail through

This page last updated: