Providing education and environmentally sound
advice for noxious weed control in Thurston County.
The following information and services are offered to the public by
Thurston County noxious weed control:
- Educational presentations
- Plant identification especially those that may be noxious
- If you have a plant you would like identified, you have the
option of e-mailing
a digital image with your contact information.
- If we are unable to identify the plant from the photo, we
may ask you to bring a sample to the office.
- Consults on your property
- DVD's, videos, informational brochures and pamphlets.
- The use of a manual scotch broom removal tool is
available for a one week interval.
- Call our office at 360-786-5576 to check availability.
- Schedule an appointment for pick up.
- If a the tool is not available, we will place your name on a
- Each person who borrows the tool must sign a
liability disclaimer form.
- Some noxious weeds can be disposed of for free at the Thurston County
Waste and Recovery centers seasonally from April 15th to
August 31st. To view a poster of which weeds are and are not
eligible for free disposal, please
- For locations and hours, please
- Some problem weeds such as Knotweed, Scotch
broom, blackberry and English Ivy are not on Thurston County's list for free
disposal, but are of concern to citizens.Click here to find out what do to with other bad weeds.
Educational displays of select noxious weed species are available for
use at community events. Please call 360-786-5576 for information about
availability. Click the links to view pdf examples of each display.
Address questions or comments to: