Providing education and environmentally sound
advice for noxious weed control in Thurston County.
The following information and services are offered to the public by
Thurston County noxious weed control:
- Educational presentations
- Plant identification especially those that may be noxious
- If you have a plant you would like identified, you have the
option of e-mailing
a digital image with your contact information.
- If we are unable to identify the plant from the photo, we
may ask you to bring a sample to the office.
- Consults on your property
- Free disposal of some noxious weeds at the Thurston County
Waste and Recovery centers is offered seasonally from April 15th to
August 31st. To view a poster of which weeds are and are not
eligible for free disposal, please
- Some problem weeds are not on Thurston County's list for free
disposal, but are of concern to citizens.
Click here to find out what do to with other bad weeds.
- DVD's, videos, informational brochures and pamphlets.
- The use of a manual removal tool called the weed wrench is
available for a one week interval.
To borrow the weed wrench:
- Call our office at 360-786-5576 to check availability.
- Schedule an appointment for pick up.
- If a wrench is not available, we will place your name on a
- Each person who borrows the weed wrench must sign a
liability disclaimer form.
Educational displays of select noxious weed species are available for
use at community events. Please call 360-786-5576 for information about
availability. Click the links to view pdf examples of each display.
Technical and financial assistance for control of Scotch Broom on
grazing land and forest land is now possible under the USDA Natural
Resources Conservation Service Environmental Quality Incentives Program
Thurston Conservation District
Click Here for information and services offered to the public by The
Thurston Conservation District.
Address questions or comments to: