The members of the Board represent the people and interests of the
districts from which each is appointed. The members of the Board also
have administrative duties for the noxious weed control program
including the annual noxious weed list for Thurston County.
A strategic management plan was adopted on June 4, 2013 by The
Thurston County Board of Commissioners. To view please
Our program fulfills the requirements of
RCW 17.10 Noxious Weeds-Control Boards.
Responsibilities of the Weed Board and its members
- Represent the people and interest of the district from which
each is appointed.
- Administer the noxious weed control program by establishing
policies and procedures in accordance with statutes and state
- Adopt Rules and Regulations and annual Noxious Weed List.
- Participate in work sessions and briefings with the Board of
- Conduct hearings, apply liens on properties and attend meetings.
- Propose Grants.
- Submit to the Board of County commissioners a proposed level of
- Propose an annual budget for operation of the noxious weed
- Advertises, accepts applications, and recommends to the Board of
County Commissioners the most qualified applicant for board
Weed Board meetings
Weed Board meetings are held at 6:00 p.m. at 11834 Tilley Road S,
Olympia WA. The public is encouraged to attend and participate in all
meetings of the Board.
The 2016 meeting schedule is as follows:
- February 24
- March 23
- April 27
- May 25
- June 22-Cancelled.
- July 27
- August 24
- September 28
- October 26
- November 16
Address questions or comments to: