Non-Profits - Misc. Exempt Property

RCW 84.36.030 & RCW 84.36.031allows tax exemptions for property used for character building, benevolent, protective or rehabilitative social services – camp facilities – veteran or relief organization owned property – property of nonprofit organizations that issue debt for student loans or that are guarantee agencies.

To apply for a property tax exemption, organizations must file an application with the Property Tax Division at the Department of Revenue. Applications are due within 60 days of acquiring the property and/or converting the property to an exempt use. The exemption must be renewed by March 31st each year.

Other property exemptions may be found in RCW 84.36.032 through RCW 84.36.350.

For further information, please contact Washington State Department of Revenue at

(Washington State Department of Revenue Publication)