COVID-19 Precautions

The Courts continue to work diligently to ensure the health and well-being of court employees, litigants, attorneys, and the general public while performing our Constitutional duties. Based on recent changes in the COVID-19 situation and the issuance of resolutions by the Thurston County Board of County Commissioners and the Thurston County Board of Health, the Courts will implement operational changes effective March 19, 2020. The order is available here.

Please email the Court at thurstondistct@co.thurston.wa.us with any questions.  Clerks are available 8AM to 5PM to answer any email questions. 


Many court calendars (hearings) have been suspended due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here to see the emergency order detailing the changes which have been implemented.

If you have a criminal case pending in District Court, please contact your attorney for further instructions.

If you are paying a traffic ticket, requesting a deferral or mitigation of a traffic ticket, contesting a traffic ticket, or requesting public records, you don't have to come court.  Use the links to "Respond to my Ticket" or "Records Requests" available on this page. You can complete these transactions without coming to the courthouse.

To file a petition for protection/anti-harassment order, please click here, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "How do I file a petition online?"

We are accepting notices of small claims and petitions for name changes via email. They will not be filed at this time. Once District Court begins hearing civil cases again, you will notified. At that time, you will need to come to the courthouse to pay the filing fee and receive a court date.

To submit a name change petition, click here. Then click on "How do I petition to change my name?" for adult name changes or "How do I petition to change my child's name?" to change the name of a minor.

To have your request for small claims put into the queue, click here then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "How Do I File a Small Claims Request Online?"



Thurston County District Court is located on the Thurston County Court House campus.