words that say Thurston County

Code Enforcement

Removing Your Own Junk Vehicle from Your Property

  • STEP 1: Find the title to your vehicle. Lost the title? Contact the state Department of Licensing at (360) 902-3600.
  • STEP 2: Call a hulk hauler directly. To find a service near you, call a towing or wrecking company near your home, and ask if the company is licensed to remove junk vehicles. Depending on the scrap metal market value and the type of vehicle you have, the hauler may or may not charge to haul your vehicle (some may even pay you). Call around for the best deal. The original copy of your title will go with the hauler, however, you may want to make copies for your own records.

Contact Us

     Questions? Email us at junkvehicle@co.thurston.wa.us.

This page last updated: