words that say Thurston County

Public Access is Closed to Most County Facilities Due to COVID-19.

In response to Governor Inslee's Stay Home, Stay Healthy order, Thurston County has moved to an essential services model, in effect
through Monday, April 6, 2020. Courts and other elected offices may operate under different hours or restrictions.

(For more information on essential functions, visit: https://bit.ly/3dwIBK8)
(For office contacts, visit: https://bit.ly/3bs7bdy)


FAQs about Permitting and Land Usefaq

red arrowThe Building Development Center issues permits for property in unincorporated Thurston County only. If your project is within the boundary of Bucoda, Lacey, Olympia, Rainier, Tenino, Tumwater or Yelm, please contact the city directly.

About My Property

Critical Areas / Shorelines

Is a Permit Required

The Permit Process

Building Codes

Code Enforcement & Junk Vehicles

Septic Systems



Clearing and Grading

Public Right of Way / Access



Fire-Related Issues

Contact Us

Please click here for contact information.


This page last updated: