words that say Thurston County

Land Use Ordinances

Administrative Variance

Any property owner may apply for a variance from any setback requirement (see "zoning"), provided the reduction is no more than fifty percent of the required setback. Variance requests are subject to the provisions outlined in Thurston County Code (TCC) 20.07.050.

Additionally, any property owner may apply for a variance from any buffer or setback required by the Thurston County Critical Areas Ordinance (CAO). The Critical Areas Ordinance is now under review; please contact a staff member with the Building Development Center to discuss administrative variances as they related to the Critical Areas Ordinance.

Administrative Variance Application

Click here for administrative variance applications and forms.

Contact Us

Thurston County Building Development Center, 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW, Olympia, WA 98502-6045.
Phone: (360) 786-5490. TTY/TDD call 711 or 1-800-833-6388  E-mail: permit@co.thurston.wa.us.


This page last updated: