Thurston County Solid Waste

Info for You where do i image
talkin trash icon

Read the latest edition of Talkin' Trash.


faqFrequently Asked Questions


Where can I recycle _____ ?

Thurston County maintains a database of locations where you can recycle or reuse hundreds of items. Check out our Where Do I Take My? database.


What are the rates and hours at the Waste and Recovery Center?

The Waste and Recovery Center at Hawks Prairie is open seven days a week, with the exception of New Year's Day, the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. See information about hours and rates.


When will my recycle cart be picked up? How will holidays affect the pickup schedule?

Thurston County does not own or operate garbage and recycling trucks. To find out information about pickup schedules and rates, LeMay customers can check the curbside recycling calendar or contact the hauling company that serves your home.


What can I put in my recycle cart?

If you have curbside recycling service at your home, see a list of accepted items here. To learn about recycling at work, visit our Business Waste Reduction webpage.


Where can I learn about outdoor burning guidelines?

Visit the Olympic Region Clean Air Agency website to learn when outdoor burning is allowed and how to get a burning permit.


Where can I take hazardous household waste?

Take hazardous products to HazoHouse at the Waste and Recovery Center. Visit the HazoHouse website to find facility hours and what items are accepted. Disposal is free for residents; businesses must register and pay a disposal fee.


Contact us

Call Solid Waste staff at (360) 867-2491 or e-mail


This page last updated: